For the financial years 2019-20 and 2020-21 to date:
1. How much money has the council spent in total on overseas trips for council staff?
2020 -21 (to date): NIL
2. How much money has the council spent in total on overseas trips for councillors (elected members)?
3. If time permits, I would be grateful for a breakdown of spending:
– Cost of any flights / ferries / coaches / taxis etc
– Class of travel purchased (e.g. economy, business, first)
– Cost of hotel stays and names of hotels
– Cost of subsistence (e.g. restaurant bills, drinks expenses)
– Any other fees / or costs incurred
– Reason for trips
We do not hold a central record of this information beyond the financial records and to obtain this information would require further enquiries, including individual members of each member of staff who has incurred expenses and their own records, which would take longer than 18 hours. This is in excess of the appropriate time limit and, pursuant to s.12 of the Freedom of Information Act we are not obliged to provide this information.