Please supply the following information about your Occupational Therapy Assessments:
1. What is the average waiting time for Service Users of Adult Social Care from request for Occupational Therapy Assessment to the assessment being carried out?
2. What is the longest waiting time for Service Users of Adult Social Care from request for Occupational Therapy Assessment to the assessment being carried out?
As of 2nd August 2020: 333 days
4. What has been the impact of COVID-19 on the Occupational Therapy waiting list?
On 04th August 2019 there were 401 OT related waiting list cases, compared to 436 during the same period this year, indicating that there has not been a significant impact on Occupational Therapy waiting lists across the county.
5. Do you anticipate / have you seen any pent-up demand following the easing of lockdown?
There is no evidence of any significant pent up demand post lockdown.
6. How many people are on the waiting list?
As of 2nd August 2020: 436
7. Have you introduced new ways of working for your Occupational Therapists during this period for example Virtual Assessments?
We have been using technology to support remote/virtual assessments, where appropriate.
8. In your COVID-19 recovery planning how long do you feel it will take you to reduce the waiting list to pre-COVID levels?
On 04-08-19 there were 401 OT related waiting list cases, compared to 436 during the same period this year. Demonstrating that there has not been a significant increase in the waiting list activity. It is anticipated that the waiting list will continue to reduce over the next 4 weeks.
9. Do you use, or do you plan to use any third parties to deliver Occupational Therapy assessments (e.g. locums, private sector organisations or self-employed Occupational Therapists)?
We are currently using x 1 locum Occupational Therapist but do not have any current plans to use third parties to deliver Occupational Therapy assessments.
10. If you have used third parties, please give the name of the organisation(s) and the number of assessments completed by each during the period 1.1.2019 -1.1.2020
Locum 1 Occupational Therapist: completed 68 assessment forms between 01-01-2019 to 01-01-2020 and was employed via Sanctuary Personnel.
Locum 2 Occupational Therapist: completed 9 assessment forms between 01-01-19 and 01-01-20 and was employed via Seven Resourcing.
11. Do you have an official contract with any organisations or individuals to provide Occupational Therapy Assessments and if so, when is this due to end?
We use our in-house Temp-Solutions team, they have a framework agreement with agencies who provide health/social care professionals on a rolling basis.
12. If you are looking at using a third party to deliver Occupational Therapy assessments when would you be able to do this?
We are not currently looking at using a third party to deliver Occupational Therapy assessments.
13. Can you please provide contact details for the current Occupational Therapy Service Lead or equivalent?
Carolyne Hague – Principal Occupational Therapist