My query relates to the New bridge cross to Holne Turn, Ashburton, Devon. Please provide:
1) A copy of your current road maintenance policy relating to that road. Please send me the full policy, but this should include details of the intended frequency of road safety inspections, how these inspections should be conducted and the maximum time between identification of a defect and repairs being carried out.
A copy of our Highway Safety Manual can be viewed online at:
With reference to the manual, we can confirm that this road is a Category 6 Road.
2) A copy of the road repair history for that road over the past year. Again, please send me the full road repair history, but this should include:
– dates of all safety inspections between 1st November and 31st December 2019 .
3) – details of how safety inspections were undertaken (walked or driven, speed of inspection vehicle etc)
– details of all carriageway defects identified, with description, date and time
– details of how the authority handled these defects, what repairs were undertaken and the time between the identification of each defect and a repair being carried out.
In response to question 2 and 3, a copy of the road repair history can be seen via the link below:
Carriageway inspections are driven at a slow speed and the inspection of the highway is carried out by a passenger in the vehicle.