1. What IT helpdesk tool(s) is/are in use (eg. SpiceWorks, Freshdesk, etc) if not, how is your IT managed?
Hornbill SupportWorks & Ivanti Service Manager
2. What are the requirements of the IT team; or, what the tool(s) is/are used for?
Different elements of logging/managing service requests and incidents, change management & self-service
3. What is the annual budget available for helpdesk tool(s)?
The Devon County Council budget covers our annual necessary subscription requirements
4. What are the redeeming qualities of the tool(s) (and negative qualities)?
Comprehensive functionality which is chosen to match our requirements
5. What is the start date, length and review date of the contract with the helpdesk tool(s)?
Ivanti: start date April 2019 for the period of 24 months, with an option to extend for a further two periods of 12 months each
Hornbill SupportWorks: support contract previously reviewed annually which is now being decommissioned
6. How many operators currently use the ITSM tool?
Ivanti – 150 maximum across ICT Service Desk & Education Service Desk
Hornbill SupportWorks – approx. 40 being decommissioned
7. How many end users currently use the ITSM tool?
Available to all Devon County Council staff and support staff at more than 750 schools; We therefore do not hold this information.