Under the Freedom of Information Act legislation, could you please provide me with financial information relating to the following services:
• costs of face to face interpreting services
• costs of telephone interpreting services
• costs of written translation services
I would appreciate it if you could provide us with the above information for the last 2 financial years, the current year and budget for next year?
I would also appreciate if you could please provide me with the following information:
1. The annual cost for each of the services
Devon County Council do not maintain a central budget for these services and therefore do not hold this information.
2. Whether interpreting hourly fee is inclusive of travel or plus costs?
3. How much is the cost per hour?
This varies between providers. The disclosure of individual rates paid to specific providers would prejudice any future agreement which could be reached with a new provider. This information is therefore exempt from disclosure pursuant to s. 43 of the Freedom of Information Act as this would be likely to prejudice the commercial interests of Devon County Council. Whilst we recognise the need for openness, it is in the public interest that the council has the opportunity to negotiate the most financially favourable contracts.
4. Breakdown of the top 30 most popular languages used over these periods
Devon County Council do not hold this information
5. Details of your current provider(s) (company name, date contract
Devon County Council hold one contract with Signs Solutions but a significant volume of work is spot purchased.
6. Spend per language service provider (LSP)
Please refer to our answer to questions 1 and 3 above.
7. When are your current language service contracts with your LSPs
due to end?
31st July 2020, plus an optional one year extension.
8. Where do you advertise your face to face interpreting and translation contracts?
Devon County Council’s e-tendering portal: https://www.supplyingthesouthwest.org.uk/
9. Name, addresses and contact point(s) for your Procurement
Department responsible for awarding Interpreting and Translation
Devon Procurement Services, email address: email@example.com