Freedom of Information Act 2000
Date of Request: 24 February 2015
Date of Disclosure: 17 March 2015
Please find Devon County Council’s response to the questions below;
- What is your current affordable housing target expressed as a percentage?
- What percentage of the total new homes built since 1 April 2013 are affordable?
- What percentage of the total new homes built in the local authority area over the five years prior to 1 April 2013 were affordable. Please express this year on year.
- How many applications have you received to renegotiate the number of affordable homes required in Section 106 agreements since the Growth and Infrastructure Act became law in April 2013? Please also break this down month on month up to 31 January 2015. If possible, please also state how many applications were made by housing associations.
- How many of these applications successfully resulted in the loss or gain in the number of affordable homes?
- Please state: a) The total number of affordable units that have been lost or gained as a result of the renegotiations b) How this compares with the number originally specified
- How many applications to renegotiate the affordable housing numbers outlined in section 106 agreements has the council received for each of the past five years preceding 1 April 2013?
- How many of these applications successfully resulted in the loss or gain of affordable homes? Please state: a) The total number of affordable units that have been lost or gained as a result of the renegotiations. b) How this compares with the number originally specified
- How many New Homes Bonus grants have Devon County Council received in 2014-15 and 2015-16.
Please note that Devon County Council is not a housing authority, nor are we responsible for building new homes. As such we do not hold information regarding home building or New Home Bonuses. I understand that such matters are the responsibility of each of the District and Unitary Councils in Devon. I therefore suggest that you contact each of these organisations directly to obtain the information requested.
In the interest of providing you advice and assistance, please find details for each of the district councils in Devon on our website at;
Details for the unitary councils of Plymouth City and Torbay Borough Council are available below;