“I am writing to request information under the Freedom of Information Act 2000. In order to assist you with this request, I am outlining my query as specifically as possible.
For each year: 2009/10, 2010/11, 2011/12, 2012/13, 2014/14, 2014/15, 2015/16, 2016/17, 2017/18:-
- Number of people known to the authority as statutory homeless, who died that year. (if possible)
For each of the next questions, please provide figures for how much was spent by the council broken down by year: 2009/10, 2010/11, 2011/12, 2012/13, 2014/14, 2014/15, 2015/16, 2016/17, 2017/18:
- For each year how much was spent on: Temporary accommodation including Hostel accommodation, private sector leased by the authority, and those directly with a private sector landlord.
- For each year how much was spent on: Homelessness Prevention work, including providing advice and assistance to those presenting as being homeless or potentially homeless.
- For each year: The number of total prevention cases each year (e.g. support to enable families at risk of homelessness to stay in their own homes or secure alternative accommodation.)
- The number of households where the local authority took positive action to prevent homelessness, enabling them to remain in their home
- The number of households where the local authority took positive action to prevent homelessness by helping them obtain alternative accommodation.”
Please note that Devon County Council is not responsible for homelessness and therefore does not hold the information requested. Homelessness management and prevention is a function provided by district and unitary councils in Devon. Please contact them directly using the information on the links provided to obtain this information.