I am writing to request information under the Freedom of Information Act relating to a road your authority is responsible for maintaining.
Specifically, my query relates to the roundabout which leads onto Holsworthy Industrial Estate (EX22 6 – to the left of Quagmire Lane).
Please can you send me:
• A copy of your current road maintenance policy relating to that road. Please send me the full policy, but this should include details of the intended frequency of road safety inspections, how these inspections should be conducted and the maximum time between identification of a defect and repairs being carried out.
The Devon County Council Highway Safety Manual, which sets out the intended frequency of road safety inspections, how these inspections should be conducted and the maximum time between identification of a defect and repairs being carried out, is available online at the following link:
• A copy of the road repair history for that road over the past year. Again, please send me the full road repair history, but this should include:
– dates of all safety inspections between 05/01/18 and 05/03/2018
– details of how safety inspections were undertaken (walked or driven, speed of inspection vehicle etc)
– details of all carriageway defects identified, with description, date and time
– details of how the authority handled these defects, what repairs were undertaken and the time between the identification of each defect and a repair being carried out.
Please see the attached record of the safety inspections, identified defects and the subsequent repairs available via the link below:
With reference to the Highway Safety Manual, we can confirm that this road is classified as follows:
Hierarchy Classification: Category 7 Collector Road, inspected 6 monthly
Road/Section Number: T