1) “Has a risk assessment for flood risk and sewerage capacity been prepared by or submitted to the Council (Flood and Coastal Risk Manager) in respect of land to the East of Ayleston Park, Modbury, National Grid Reference SX 662 518, (a single agricultural field with access from Ayleston Park in the south west of the field, referred to by SHDC as the “Ayleston Development Project”)? If yes, please provide a copy.
No, Devon County Council (DCC) was not consulted on the application known as the “Ayleston Development Project”; presumably as it is a minor application.
2) Has a fully worked up drainage scheme for any development of this site been submitted or approved by the Council? If yes, please provide a copy.
No, DCC has not been consulted on any proposed development of this site.
3) When did DCC commence detailed planning of the engineering/construction works required for the Modbury Flood Risk Management scheme completed in 2019?
Detailed design commenced in the spring of 2016.
4) When was the final (substantive) specification written and adopted/put out to tender for the Modbury Flood Risk Management scheme?
We went out to tender in September 2017.
5) What date did DCC first become aware of the proposed housing project adjacent to and including part of Area 2 of the Modbury Flood Risk Management scheme, located between Brownston Street to the north, Ayleston Park to the west and Galpin Street to the south, National Grid Reference SX 662 518 (referred to by SHDC as the “Ayleston Development Project”)?
In October 2016, following a review of the South Hams District Council and West Devon Borough Council Strategic Housing Land Availability Assessment.
6) Did the Modbury Flood Risk Management scheme, as constructed, take account of any changes in the requirements necessary for the proposed scheme for 40 dwellings, with a longer than average service road (required to mitigate gradient of the site), compared to currently an agricultural field to pasture?
No, the Flood Scheme did not take account of any development proposals. The greenfield site would have been included in the runoff calculations.