1. How many schools for the educationally subnormal (ESN) were there in your local authority in the ’60s and ’70s?
2. What were the names and addresses of these ESN schools?
3. What was the general population of these ESN schools and how many of the students who attended these ESN school were of West Indian or African heritage, perhaps known in your records as ‘immigrant children’?
4. Do you have on record the names of the teachers and head teachers that taught at ESN schools in the ’60s and ’70s?
5. Do you have names of students or notable alumni that attending these ESN schools in the ’60s and ’70s?
Devon County Council does not hold this information. We have checked with our Education service and our record archives, and neither hold records of this nature going back to the 1960s and 1970s.