1) Does the Council have a policy and/or strategy to benefit from drone/Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV) based services?
No, although the Council does have a Public Rights of Way Drone Code which states that drones cannot be used within 50 metres of a public right of way.
2) Is the Council (or an associated arm’s length organisation) licenced by the Civil Aviation Authority to deliver drone/UAV services?
3) If so, please can you confirm the scope of services being provided by the Council/arm’s length organisation?
4) Has the Council ever procured drone/UAV services from a third party? Yes.
5) If so, please can you confirm the scope of the services and details of the 3rd parties who provided the services?
Ewins Aerial Photography were commissioned to provide aerial photography of Council properties for the purposes of marketing for sale.
6) Please can you confirm the name and role of the lead officer with responsibility for policy and strategy relating to the Council’s use of drones/UAVs?
The Council does not have a lead officer for policy and strategy relating to the Council’s use of drones/UAVs