“This is a request under the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA), for details of the following information:
1. Details of the lowest, highest and average fee hourly rates agreed with external suppliers of the following services for 2018/2019:
a. Domiciliary care services for the elderly in their own home.
Low £13.14, High £22.00, Average £18.71
b. Domiciliary care services for adults under the age of 65 in their own home with specialist care needs such as learning disabilities, autism or physical disabilities.
Low £13.14, High £22.00, Average £18.37
(Please note that for questions 1a and 1b, we do not require details of rates paid to individual suppliers, simply minimum, maximum and average rates payable.)
2. Details of the minimum, maximum and average amount agreed per night for sleep in shifts delivered to adults under the age of 65, with specialist care needs.
Low £6.70, High £17.11, Average £10.51 – these are hourly rates, per night = 9 hours of care.
Please note that the above figures relate to Night Sleeps, other individual care packages may contain elements of night sitting but Devon County Council (DCC) does not hold this information.
3. Details of the percentage increase in hourly fee rates (referred to the answers of points 1a. and 1b. above) which were awarded to the previous year’s levels.
3% on spot contracts; 3.83% on ‘Living Well at Home’ contracts.
4. Details of the number of hours provided in the week commencing 24 April 2018 for:
a. elderly domiciliary care – 25,279 hours.
b. specialist care (incorporating mental health, learning disabilities, physical disabilities) – 10,304 hours.
5. Of the hours listed in answer to question 4, please advise:-
a. what percentage was delivered by the independent sector – 100%
b. what percentage was delivered by the local authority – 0%
c. what percentage was under direct payments/independent budgets. 0%. If an individual is getting a direct payment then they will purchase any care service directly with the provider themselves, without involving DCC.
6. Total cost in the week commencing 24 April 2018 of the care hours provided by independent providers of:
a. Elderly domiciliary care – £477,867
b. Specialist care (incorporating mental health, learning disabilities, physical disabilities) – £185,024