Council Tax Collection

Freedom of Information Act 2000

Date of Request: 23 November 2015               

Date of Disclosure: 09 December 2015

Please find Devon County Council’s response to each of the questions below;

Q) I wish to request a list of all ‘closed’ Council Tax accounts with a credit balance (overpaid Council tax) from 1993-2015 where the liable party is a company or organisation, ie:- – Limited Company – Housing Association – PLC – Managing/Letting Agent – Homebuilder (ie Barratt Homes) – Church – Any other ‘organisation’ as defined by not an individual person I wish the following fields returned, preferably in Excel format, via email:- – Name of organisation – Council Tax property address – End date on the account – Amount of credit on the account – The correspondence address of the organisation (if available)

A) Please note that Devon County Council is not responsible for the collection and administration of council tax payments and therefore does not hold the information requested. I understand that responsibility for council tax collection rests with each of the District and Unitary Councils in Devon.  I therefore suggest that you contact each of these organisations directly to obtain the information requested.

In the interest of providing you advice and assistance, please find details for each of the district councils in Devon on our website at;

Details for the unitary councils of Plymouth City and Torbay Borough Council are available below;