- 1.Breakdown of volumes of contact (15/16 and 16/17) for the following channels:
• Face to face
The table below includes volumes of contacts for telephone enquiries at our Customer Service Centre.
Year Call Volumes (thousands)
2015 – 2016 536,214 2016 – 2017 502,803
Figures for telephone enquiries not received by the Customer Service Centre but by teams in different services, and details of web and face to face transactions, may or may not be recorded but given the size range and complexity of County Council services, and the large number of different systems the council operates, we estimate that it would take in excess of eighteen hours to identify and collate the information, meaning it is exempt under the Freedom of information Act 200) Section 12 – Cost of Compliance.
- 2. For 2016/17, please provide a breakdown of contact by the following type of transaction:
• Application ‘ e.g. applying for services or career opportunities;
• Payments ‘ e.g. paying for a range of fees, fines or taxes;
• Tracking ‘ e.g. monitoring progress service requests and applications;
• Booking and reservations ‘ e.g. making appointments with the council, and booking items and events;
• Renewals ‘ e.g. renewing items like permits and licences;
• Reporting ‘ e.g. notifying the council of problems and issues that need addressing;
• Finding information ‘ e.g. locating and requesting information on local services and tourism.
Our standard breakdown of telephone transactions received by the Customer Services Centre is below :
Calls by Service – 2016/17 Number Adult Social Care Survey 159 Blue Badge Hotline 8086 Care Direct – adult social care 105057 Children’s Social Work 3639 Concessionary Bus Passes 15121 Disability Information Service 1146 Emergency Duty Team (EDT) -adult and children’s social care 6799 Error Queue 6 Family Information Service 10278 General Enquiries 34869 Highways 68110 Learn Devon 1094 Libraries (incl. CallPoint) 43366 Multi Agency Safeguarding Hub – MASH 27048 Members Support Line 2 Mid-Devon District Council 1440 Password Resets 6146 Pensions 581 Registrars – Births, Marriages and Deaths 51301 Residents’ Parking 13000 Schools & Education 45753 Switchboard 43863 Trading Standards 4128 Waste & Recycling 11811 Customer Service Centre (CSC) Overall Results 502803
We are unable to provide a breakdown of contacts by type of transaction, such as applications, as we do not record that information.
- 3. For 2016/17, breakdown of telephone enquiries by your services or service areas (e.g. revenues and benefits, parking, housing, planning etc).
Please see our responses to the previous questions. Devon County Council is not responsible for revenues and benefits, and housing, for example, please contact District and Unitary councils directly using the information on the links provided.