1) Please could you give me the information regarding how much compensation
has been given to claimants over the last three years (total £amount).
Please break this down per year. (15,16,17).
2017 (up to 11th October 2017): £692,523.50
2) Please could you tell me the figure for the highest compensation claim the council has paid out to a claimant EACH YEAR and as much information about the claim (nature, location of incident, date of incident, age/gender of claimant).
3) Please could you tell me the lowest compensation claim the council has paid out EACH YEAR to a claimant and as much information about the claim (nature, location of incident, date of incident, age/gender of claimant).
The information with regard to specific and individual claims is of a sensitive nature. Disclosure of information about the claim will potentially identify the claimant and will therefore risk disclosure of sensitive personal data about the individual claimant. This would be a breach of the first data protection principle and disclosure of the information sought in questions 2 and 3 is therefore exempt pursuant to s 40(2) of Freedom of Information Act 2000.
4) Please could you tell me how many claims have been successful in the last three years, broken down by the same yearly intervals as above.
2017 (up to 11th October 2017): 51
5) Please could you give a list of the ‘top five’ most common reasons for claiming compensation from the council.
1) Damage to vehicles from highway defects
2) Personal injury from highway defects (trips/slips/falls)
3) Property damage caused by flooding on highway
4) Pupil accidents
5) Claims against Social Services