I am writing to request information under the Freedom of Information Act relating to a road which your authority is responsible for maintaining.
Specifically, my query relates to the road from Cloberry House to Brentor Cross, Brentor, Devon.
Please can you send me:
1.A copy of your current road maintenance policy relating to that road. Please send me the full policy but this should include details of the intended frequency of road safety inspection, how these inspections should be conducted and the maximum time between the identification of a defect and the repairs being carried out.
A copy of the road maintenance policy, the Highway Safety Manual, can be viewed online. This includes the information you have requested.
2. A copy of the road repair history for that road over the past year. Again, please send me the full road repair history but this should include:
- dates of all safety inspections between 14th April 2018 and 13th June 2018
- details of how safety inspections were undertaken (walked or driven, speed of inspection vehicle, etc)
- details of carriageway defects identified with description, date and time
- details of how the authority handled these defects, what repairs were undertaken, and the time between the identification of each defect and a repair being carried out.
The road repair history can be viewed via the link below:
This includes details of carriageway defects and the date they were identified, and how the authority handled the defect, including any repairs that were carried out. Inspections of the carriageways are driven in a slow moving vehicle.