Provide an organisational chart of your Children’s Services Department from Director down to Team Managers providing the names of current post holders as appropriate (Director down to Service Manager would be excellent including Heads of Service, Principal Officers).
Children’ Services Structure Chart (Director down to Service Manager) can be viewed from here
Identify who within Children’s Services and your Human Resources Department takes lead responsibility on social worker recruitment and retention.
Human Resources Department: Sam Mullins, Lead HR Business Partner – Performance
Children’s Services: Marian Martin – Senior Manager (Recruitment Lead)
What steps if any have you taken or intend to take to incentivise social worker retention?
- ASYE scheme to recruit with clear career progression,
- career progression scheme for all staff,
- Aspiring Team Managers development programme,
- frontline Managers development programme,
- Social Work Academy works closely to support development needs,
- refer-a-friend scheme,
- market supplements for some roles,
- relocation package for candidates moving to Devon,
- targeted agency workers to transfer into permanent roles,
- sponsorship status with the Home Office to attract overseas social workers with a cohort approach for new starters to ensure support and development is available,
- grow-your-own strategy – funded bursary students to enable them to apply for the ASYE opportunities at the end of their qualification.