1) Please provide a list of all service providers operating children’s residential social care in Devon since 2015. If the providers of currently operational residential care facilities can be indicated, I would be appreciative.
List of providers as at June 2020:-
In addition, we have the following in house facilities :
We may hold details of non current providers back to 2015 but as the information is not required for operational purposes, and is not held centrally, we consider that to locate, identify, retrieve and extract the information would take in excess of the 18 hours allowed under Section 12 of the Freedom of Information Act 2000 – ‘Cost of Compliance’.
2) The maximum number of children for which each care facility caters.
For external providers, this information is publicly available via their websites on their Statement of Purposes for each children’s home they are responsible for. For DCC homes, this information is also publicly available via the above links, but for your ease of reference, the number of beds at each facility is provided below:-
Barnes – 3
Hillcrest – 3
Meadowpark – 4
Welland House – 5
Atkinson Unit – 10
3) The monthly value of the contract awarded to each provider.
Information not held. There is no set monthly contractual amount payable. Residential provision is either through framework or spot purchase. There is no concurrent monthly value of contract as payments are made only when a young person is placed and only for as long as the young person is placed.
4) The total number of complaints (if any) received about each provider.
5) The total number of complaints (if any) about each provider which have been upheld.”
We do not hold information relating to complaints made about external providers or their children’s homes.
For DCC homes, the numbers of complaints upheld is provided below:-
Barnes Short Breaks Children’s Home, Tiverton – None
Hillcrest Short Breaks Children’s Home, Honiton – None
Meadowpark Short Breaks Children’s Home, Exeter – None
Welland House Short Breaks Children’s Home, Barnstaple – One
The Atkinson Unit, Exeter – One upheld and 5 partially upheld