1) Does your authority currently procure a Capita SIMS license on behalf of the state maintained schools within your authority?
(2) If a local authority Capita SIMS license has been procured for use by state maintained schools within your authority, when does the term of this contract end?
1st April 2021
(3) Does your authority employ dedicated staff to provide telephone based ‘help desk’ support for your local schools using Capita SIMS and if so how many FTE staff members?
Yes but Devon County Council do not hold the information concerning the number of staff.
We can clarify that our support company, Scomis, support over 700 schools in 27 Local Authorities and the Scomis Service Desk resource is not allocated per authority but takes calls from all schools as required. In addition, the Scomis Service Desk support capacity will increase and decrease as demand requires, for example, additional staff will work on support calls in September when schools return after the summer holidays as this is the busiest time of year.
(4) If your authority does employ dedicated staff to provide telephone based ‘help desk’ support for your local schools using Capita SIMS, which directorate do they belong to, what is their team name and what is the job title of the manager ultimately responsible for delivery of this service?
The Directorate is Business Strategy and Support, the Team name is Scomis Service Desk, and Job title is Service Desk Support Manager
(5) If your authority does provide Capita SIMS support to your local schools can you advise how many schools you do provide telephone help desk support for in the period April 2018 to March 2019:
Total: 331, broken down in the requested criteria as follows:
– number of state maintained primary schools: 190
– number of academy primary schools: 108
– number of state maintained secondary schools: 8
– number of academy secondary schools: 25