1. The current number of Blue Badge holders registered in your local authority area.
Devon County Council had 41,120 registered Blue Badge holders as at 30th June 2020.
2. The current number of dedicated Blue Badge parking spaces in your local authority area.
Mandatory Bays – 745
Advisory Bays – 2013
3. The number of drivers who have received a fine for misusing a Blue Badge parking space in your local authority area, broken down by month for the years 2019 and 2020 to date.
Devon County Council can confirm via a previous response for Blue Badge Parking Spaces, that fines are not issued for the misuse of disabled parking bays, therefore we do not hold this information. Penalty Charge Notice (PCN) contravention Code 40 is used when a car is ‘parked in a designated disabled person’s parking place without displaying a valid disabled person’s badge’. For more general information please use the link provided above.
4. The number of new parking spaces build in your local authority area in the last 12 months, and how many of these were dedicated Blue Badge parking spaces.
We have introduced/amended approximately 825 spaces in marked bays* in the last 12 months: 286 of these were for Blue Badge Holders.
*This does not include areas of zonal residents parking as we do not hold the number of on-street spaces for these areas.
5. The number of Blue Badge applications received under the ‘hidden disability’ criteria in the past 12 months.
If limited by time constraints, please prioritise in order of Q1, Q2, Q3, Q4, Q5.
‘Hidden Disability’ (HD) criteria has only been available since 30th August 2019. During the period 30th August 2019 to 30th June 2020, we can confirm that 902 HD applications were received.
If possible, it would be really appreciated if you’re able to point me in the direction of your current Blue Badge eligibility guidelines as well please.
Please use the following link to view the published Eligibility Criteria.