I am writing to request some more information on the Bere Alston to Tavistock Railway Reinstatement and Associated Trails project.
- I was wondering if you currently planning to use any software to aid in the procurement and tendering of this project? If so, do you have a solution in mind? Does the solution you have in mind cover dissemination of information and cover when potential suppliers ask questions?
All of our procurement projects using our eTendering system Supplying the Southwest. This portal allows suppliers to register their interest in procurements, and throughout the projects will act the communication tool and where documentation can be downloaded and uploaded. The portal link is available at:
- What are the likely timescales of this project? If you do not know an estimate will do.
Devon County Council do not hold this information at this stage. We do not have an estimate as it will depend upon of the scope of the works required.
- What is the value of the contract?
Devon County Council do not hold this information at this stage. This will depend upon the scope of the works required.
- Would it be possible to have a conversation on the phone for me to gain some further information?
Prior to the Procurement commencing, limited conversations may be possible. However once we start the project and it has been launched on Supplying the Southwest then all communication can only be via the portal Q&A facility
- Who is the Senior Responsible Officer (SRO) for this procurement?
The person who will be responsible for this procurement has not been allocated yet. However you are free to contact Simon Richardson on 01392 383000 prior to any procurements starting, subject to the limitations we have set out above.
- How is the procurement going to be managed? And who is managing the procurement?
The exact procurement route has not been determined at this stage. The procurement will be managed through our Supplying the Southwest portal.