I am writing to request information under the Freedom of Information Act relating to a road your authority is responsible for maintaining. Specifically, my query relates to the B3193 Strap Lane Kingsteignton close to its junction with Chudleigh Road.
1) A copy of your current road maintenance policy relating to that road. Please send me the full policy, but this should include details of the intended frequency of road safety inspections, how these inspections should be conducted and the maximum time between identification of a defect and repairs being carried out. I do need to know what class of road the B3193 is.
This can be seen online at: Highways Safety Manual
With reference to the classifications set out in the Highways Safety Manual, we can confirm that this is a Category 5 Secondary Primary Route, inspected monthly
2) A copy of the road repair history for that road over the past year. Again, please send me the full road repair history, but this should include:
– dates of all safety inspections between 1 January 2020 and 5 March 2020
3) – details of how safety inspections were undertaken (walked or driven, speed of inspection vehicle etc)
– details of all carriageway defects identified, with description, date and time
– details of how the authority handled these defects, what repairs were undertaken and the time between the identification of each defect and a repair being carried out.
In response to both questions 2 and 3, a copy of the record of inspections and repair history during the time period requested, including details of the defects identified and the descriptions and dates and what repairs were subsequently undertaken, can be seen via the link below:
Safety inspections of the carriageway are driven at a slow speed with the inspector as a passenger in the inspection vehicle.