Under the Freedom of Information Act, could you please provide the following information:
* How much is spent by the council on procuring social care from non-council providers (broken down into private and voluntary/third sector)
* How many contracts for social care the council has in place with non-council providers (broken down into private and voluntary/third sector)
* How many people in the council area receive social care from non-council providers (broken down into private and voluntary/third sector)
For 2018, 2017, and 2016.
Please see table below:
|Number of People|
|2018/19||148,198||Expenditure||929 (over 9 months)||17,625|
We should clarify the following points in relation to this information:
1. We are unable to provide a further breakdown of non-council providers as information is not held in this way.
2. This information is based on Financial Years, running 1 April to 31 March.
3. Direct Payments to individuals have been excluded for this analysis.
4. The number of people column represents the total number of unique individuals that have received social care regardless of length of time the care was received.
5. All the figures shown for 2018/19 are for the period 01/04/2018 to 31/12/2018 (9 months).