1. For each year from 2015/16 to 2018/19, please state:
a) how many adult care clients had accessed long term support for more than 12 months by the end of each year
b) of the annual figures for question 1a, how many had a formal review/reassessment of their care and support plan that year (note that this applies to those who had received long term support for more than 12 months, as per question 1a)
c) of the annual figures for question 1b, how many saw the value of their care package rise as a result of the review
d) of the annual figures for question 1b, how many saw the value of their care package fall as a result of the review
e) of the annual figures for question 1d, how many saw the value of their care package fall by more than £1,000 as a result of the review
f) of the annual figures for question 1d, how many saw the value of their care package fall by more than £5,000 as a result of the review
Questions 1d-1f exclude cases where the care package was cut because the client had died or left the area.
|Year||a) Number accessing long term support 12 months +||b) Number reviewed||% reviewed||c) Number increased||d) Number decreased||e) Number decreased £1,000 +||f) Number decreased £5,000 +|
2. For each year from 2015/16 to 2018/19, please state:
a) the council’s gross current expenditure on adult care services
b) the council’s income from client contributions
|Financial Year||Gross Current Expenditure|
|Client Contributions Income|
3. For each year from 2015/16 to 2018/19, please state:
a) the number of carers supported during each year
|Financial Year||Number of Carers Supported|
b) the number of carers each year who received each of the following types of support from the council: direct payment only; part direct payment; council-managed personal budget; council-commissioned support only; information/advice/universal services/signposting; no direct support
|Type of Support||2015/16||2016/17||2017/18||2018/19|
|Direct payment only||1885||1171||491||208|
|Part direct payment||0||53||0||0|
|Council-managed personal budget||n/a*||n/a*||n/a*||n/a*|
|Council-commissioned support only||n/a*||n/a*||n/a*||n/a*|
|Information/advice/universal services/ signposting||14,884||19,367||20,553||27,509|
|No direct support||0||0||0||0|
* Carer support is managed through a contract with a VCS organisation, hence ‘Council-Managed Personal Budgets’ or ‘Council Commissioned Support Only’ do not apply.
c) the number of carers each year who received respite or other forms of carer support delivered to the cared-for person
Number of carers receiving respite or other forms of carer support:-
4. How many cared-for are supported by the Council?
Please see figures provided in response to 3c above.
5. How many respite care beds are commissioned by the council for use by council-supported carers (whether currently occupied or not)?
The Council does not block purchase respite care beds and does not hold information about each spot purchased placement.
It does, however, provide 17 respite beds itself for people with learning disabilities as follows:-
6. Please provide any data the council holds on the occupancy rate of respite care beds – this may be restricted to council-commissioned beds or include beds that may be purchased with direct payments/personal budgets.
Not applicable as per answer to Q5 above.