I am writing to request information under the Freedom of Information Act relating to a road your authority is responsible for maintaining.
Specifically, my request relates to the A373 at Horns Cross near Kentisbeare, Devon.
Please can you send me:
1) A copy of your current maintenance policy relating to that road. Please send me the full policy, but this should include details of the intended frequency of road safety inspections, how these inspections should be conducted and the maximum time between identification of a defect and repairs between carried out.
The Devon County Council highway safety manual, including details of inspections and repairs, can be viewed online at:
2) A copy of the repair history for that road over the past year. Again, please send me the full road repair history, but this should include:
• Dates of all safety inspections between 21st November 2017 and 19th January 2018
• Details of how safety inspections were undertaken (walked, driven, speed of inspection vehicle, etc)
• Details of how the authority handled these defects, what repairs were undertaken and the time between the identification of each defect and a repair being carried out
Please see the records of inspections, enquiries and repairs for this road for the past year. This includes details of repairs made to all notified defects, available via the link below:
We can also confirm, with reference to the Highway Safety Manual that this road is classified as a Category 5 Secondary Primary Route, inspected monthly, section Number: A
The carriageway was therefore inspected on: 6 February 2017, 7 March 2017, 5 April 2017, 3 May 2017, 6 June 2017, 4 July 2017, 2 August 2017, 5 September 2017, 5 October 2017, 1 November 2017, 13 December 2017, 8 January 2018.