Under the Local Government Transparency Code Section 53 local authorities must publish the following information about their counter fraud work
– number of occasions they use powers under the Prevention of Social Housing Fraud (Power to Require Information) (England) Regulations, or similar powers
– total number (absolute and full time equivalent) of employees undertaking investigations and prosecutions of fraud
Devon County Council is a member of the Devon Audit Partnership (DAP) which enables us to access a range of specialist services, including 7 qualified Counter Fraud staff. In addition the internal audit team contains a number of audit professionals (27 staff), who are trained at designing systems and controls to prevent and detect fraud and to investigate this should it arise.
– total number (absolute and full time equivalent) of professionally accredited counter fraud specialists
Please see the response to the previous question.
– total amount spent by the authority on the investigation and prosecution of fraud, and
Devon County Council commissions internal audit and counter fraud services from DAP and the total amount spent in the 2018 – 2019 financial year was £36,000.
– total number of fraud cases investigated.
We have identified 8 irregularity referrals as potential frauds