Attachment Based Mentoring 3 day programme (in person)
Attachment based mentoring is a relational, child centred and holistic approach to supporting our most vulnerable children.
The approach aims to enable children to feel safe, connected, and capable – forming positive relationships and enjoying learning.
Day 1 – Attachment and Relationships
Day 2 – Development
Day 3 – Practical support and skill development
Day 4 – Supervision session
Please note, places on this course are restricted to Devon schools and schools outside of Devon who have a Devon Child in Care.
- understand the needs of all children including the most vulnerable and how they can find it difficult to engage with learning
- learn how to become the child’s significant adult
- meet attachment needs by considering the mentoring relationship
- develop solution focused coaching and mentoring skills
- consider the wider role of the mentor in terms of social learning, advocacy and practical support.
"Weeks run from Monday to Sunday. Please note that weeks without communications to schools are ignored and the links will go to the last week where a communication was made in this category."