Exeter Maths School – A Level Work Group to Support Covid Recovery
We’re excited to be working with the Jurassic Maths Hub and the Advanced Mathematics Support Programme again this year to lead an A Level Work Group, developing pedagogy to support Covid recovery in schools.
The content of the Work Group sessions will be influenced by the needs of the participants, but may cover such topics as:
- Differentiation in the A level Mathematics classroom
- Mathematical communication
- Problem solving
- Evidence-based practice such as spaced practice and retrieval
- Dealing with the gaps in students coming from a Covid-disrupted GCSE
- Topic based pedagogy (e.g., for hypothesis testing, proof etc.)
This is a fully-funded course, made up of face-to-face and online sessions, please find the schedule via our website, here: https://exetermathematicsschool.ac.uk/for-teachers/teachers-maths/#mathshub
"Weeks run from Monday to Sunday. Please note that weeks without communications to schools are ignored and the links will go to the last week where a communication was made in this category."