Do you know a child or young person who is living with friends or away from their family? Are you temporarily looking after a friend’s child while they’re away? If the arrangement is for 28 days or more, the child is under 16 years old (or 18 if they have a disability) and is not living with a close relative, this could be private fostering and you need to tell Devon County Council. We work with the child, parents or carer, and private foster carer to ensure the best possible arrangements are in place for the child.

To tell us about a private fostering arrangement or if you are unsure if your situation is private fostering, please contact 0345 155 1071 or email