The team is responsible for all aspects of Children’s Services strategic planning, specifically:
- supporting the development of an overarching strategy for education provision within Devon
- taking the corporate lead on Children Services Infrastructure requirements through the Local Development Framework process
- the strategic planning and commissioning of school places including promoting choice and diversity and developing a market place of school provision
- all the legislative and statutory changes to schools including new schools, enlargement, closures etc
- securing, allocation and monitoring of capital resources (including section 106 and CIL) identified to meet statutory responsibilities in respect of additional pupil places
- commissioning (in conjunction with the Learning Environments Team and/or Academy/Free school providers) of capital schemes identified to support the provision of additional pupil places
- all statutory response in respect of pupils numbers, school capacities, pupil projections etc.
- reporting to School Organisation, Capital and Admissions Group (SOCA). Submitted reports are available to view here.