For guidance on coronavirus and the latest information on the situation in Devon, visit Devon County Council’s coronavirus (COVID-19) advice page.
Senior Procurement and Contracts Officer - Mark Sibley
Decision to extend CP1296-16 – Washroom Services & Female
To extend the contract with Personal Hygiene Services (PHS) Ltd for
a further 12 months from 1st October 2021 to 30th September 2022.
The decision has been made following an Options Appraisal which
recommended the extension of the contract for 12 months for the
– It enables the procurement to be rescheduled in order to
accommodate economic recovery and strategic work which is
– There are no concerns over the level of core service
– Prices will be held firm for the duration of the extension under
the same terms and conditions.
– It will enable sufficient time to conduct a further competition
under ESPO framework 239_20 (which expires in 2023)
which is considered the most cost-effective route to market.
The framework will provide DCC and DCPP members with
the most flexible option to provide the services required
under a 4 year term (3+1) contract.
An options appraisal was carried out with the following options
– Extend the current contract
– Re-tender the contract without an extension
– Let the contract expire and have no contract in place
There is no conflict of interest in relation to the extension of this
A copy of this decision and any supporting documentation considered by the Officer taking this decision may also be made available or inspection by the public at the Council’s Offices or posted upon payment of any copying and postage charges. Any member of the public wishing to take up either of these options is asked to please ring 01392 382888 or email: email@example.com