Head of Trading Standards - Paul Thomas
Decision to award the contract for CP2164-21 Devon Elevation Fund under a Direct award from CP1787-19 Business Support Framework 2020 under Lot 1 (Sub Lot 1.1).
To award a contract to the below organisations for the provision of the above contract. The contract will commence on 24th December 2021 and end on 31st May 2022
Business Information Point Ltd
Unit 10, Okehampton Business Centre
High Stockley Mead
The decision was taken to direct award a contract to these two suppliers for the following reasons:
- The suppliers were involved in creating the project strategy (including the aim and objectives), project plan and the final CRF project proposal – the Devon Elevation Fund project. Their existing knowledge of this project will expedite delivery.
- The suppliers are experts in the field of business support and bring unique solutions that reflect the aspirations of the Community Renewal Fund.
- The suppliers are local, independent, objective and experienced at effecting change in a speedy manner.
- This is an economic recovery programme and subsequently there is an urgency to mobilise the contract quickly as the need for the services to be delivered under this contract is now.
- Delivery of the project needs to be completed by May 2022 and therefore service delivery needs to begin as soon as possible.
Both suppliers were determined as being suitable to deliver the requirements of the specification.
Alternative organisations were not considered as this was a project designed by three organisations (BIP, ND+ and DR Company) who then asked DCC to be involved. They would have been partners if the fund had allowed for this, however on this occasion there was no option but to contract the organisations as Suppliers.
There are no conflicts of interest in relation to the award of this contract.
A copy of this decision and any supporting documentation considered by the Officer taking this decision may also be made available or inspection by the public at the Council’s Offices or posted upon payment of any copying and postage charges. Any member of the public wishing to take up either of these options is asked to please ring 01392 382888 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org