Passive Intervention and Prevention Strategies (PIPS) Training
“Open” Training for participants whose school has already received PIPS training.
- experience and practice the skills of guiding, safe touch and holding
- explore how these acts of care combine with calming, diffusing and problem solving strategies
- experience passive intervention strategies designed to follow rather than force movement
- identify key elements for developing a consistent team approach to managing challenge
- improve knowledge and understanding around Risk Assessment
- increase awareness of the importance of recording and reporting, monitoring and evaluating
- provide a process of repair and reflection for both staff and children
- develop an increased sense of confidence at times of crisis.
3 May or 14 June 9 – 4pm
‘Open’ Passive Intervention and Prevention Strategies (PIPS) Training
Published4 April 2022
PurposesFor Information / Guidance
Of interest to
"Weeks run from Monday to Sunday. Please note that weeks without communications to schools are ignored and the links will go to the last week where a communication was made in this category."