Approaches to PDA and High Level Demand Avoidance
The Communication and Interaction Team (C and I) are delivering a 2 hour workshop designed for school staff to develop their knowledge of and skills in supporting children and young people with autism and PDA.
Audience: SENCos, INCOs, teachers with specific responsibility. All key stages.
- overview of Pathological Demand Avoidance as a sub-group of Autism
- current research + diagnosis
- child focused strategies/approaches
- open forum to share good practise.
- develop skills and knowledge to support your organisation to develop outstanding provision for this cohort
- help you to question, evaluate and develop autism and PDA practice within your setting
- raise the confidence of staff working with highly demanding/ avoidant children and young people.
Delivered in person, book your place on 31 March (Exeter) or the 21 June (North Devon) here
Published22 March 2022
PurposesFor Information / Guidance
Of interest to
"Weeks run from Monday to Sunday. Please note that weeks without communications to schools are ignored and the links will go to the last week where a communication was made in this category."