Devon Independent Living Integrated Service – June 2016 Impact Assessment
The impact assessment relates to the commissioning of an integrated community equipment service covering the above matters from a primary contractor to deliver:
- Community equipment for adults, children and young people.
- Specialist / non-standard complex equipment for adults, children and young people.
- Minor adaptations up to a value of £1,000 for adults,children and young people (excluding grab rails which are delivered under a retail model in Devon).
- Basic Speech and Language Therapy equipment.
- Technology and Telecare equipment.
The improved service should benefit everyone equally. It will be easier for people to get the support they need to live independently. The new service will provide some speech and language communication aids. Improved communication, real-time tracking of orders and improved delivery time and flexibility from the new service will assist carers as well as service users themselves. There may be an impact on opportunities for supported employment that can be given by this service.