Who is collecting and using your personal data?
Devon County Council will act as a ‘Joint data controller’ for any personal data that you provide to us. As such, we will ensure that the data you give us is processed in line with our organisation’s data protection policies and in line with your rights under the EU General Data Protection Regulations and associated data protection laws currently applicable in the UK.
Should you wish to find out more about Devon County Council’s data protection policies please contact our Data Protection Officer.
Please note that failure to provide your personal data may mean that we are unable to assist to you.
Why are we collecting your personal data?
The processing of your personal data is necessary to enable Devon County Council and its delivery partners to answer any queries you have raised and gain feedback regarding the Connecting Devon and Somerset Programme.
We rely upon your consent to process your personal data.
Who will we share your personal data with?
To be of assistance to you, it may be necessary for us to share your personal data with the following:
- Somerset County Council.
- Sedgemoor District Council.
- Mendip District Council.
- Taunton Dean Borough Council.
- West Somerset District Council.
- Teignbridge District Council.
- North Somerset District Council.
- Bath and North East Somerset Council.
- BT Openreach.
- Airband Community Internet Ltd.
How long will we hold your personal data?
We will retain your personal data for 7 years to remain aligned with our partners funding obligations, and in line with our organisation’s record retention schedules.
Exercising your rights
Under the Data Protection Act 2018 and the EU General Data Protection Regulations you have the following rights:
- The right of access to your own personal data.
- The right to request rectification or deletion of your personal data.
- The right to object to the processing of your personal data.
- The right to request a copy of the information you provide us in machine readable format.
- The right to withdraw your consent to any processing that is solely reliant upon your consent.
Should you wish to exercise any of your rights, you should contact the Data Protection Officer.
Your right to complain
In the event that you wish to complain about the way that your personal data has been handled by Devon County Council, you should write to the Data Protection Officer and clearly outline your case. Your complaint will then be investigated in accordance with the Council’s customer feedback procedure. If you remain dissatisfied with the way your personal data has been handled, you may refer the matter to the Information Commissioner’s Office whose contact details are below:
Information Commissioner’s Office