Fund title: Woodward Charitable Trust
Focus of fund/fund aims:
Grants of under £3,000 to support the core costs of small charities and grants of up to £1,000 for children’s summer playschemes
Refer to the website for deadlines: applications are considered twice a year in February/March and October/November. Applications for playschemes are considered in April/May.
The Woodward Charitable Trust makes grants to support the core costs of small charities.
The Trustees will consider applications for core costs which will achieve a positive impact in at least one of the following areas:
- Arts outreach work by local groups involving disadvantaged people
- Children and young people who are isolated, at risk of exclusion or involved in anti-social behaviour
- Disability projects, including rehabilitation and training for people with learning or physical disabilities and charities supporting mental health issues
- Disadvantaged women and their children, covering refuges and domestic violence shelters and groups
- Disadvantaged families including parenting support
- Prisoners and ex-offenders and specifically projects that help the rehabilitation and resettlement of prisoners and/or ex-offenders and support for prisoners’ families
- Projects that promote integration and community cohesion particularly amongst minority groups, refugees and traveller communities
The majority of grants are for under £3,000 (usually around 100 grants per year). Applications are accepted from registered charities, charitable incorporated organisations and community interest companies.
In addition, 60-70 grants of £250-£1,000 per year are made for small charities running children’s summer playschemes.
Search the site
- RT @SkillsLaunchpad: National Skills Bootcamps have been expanded to help an extra 16,000 adults learn new digital and technical skills.… https://t.co/3OB9jClxuP 3h ago
- RT @DevonEYCS: Calling all parents! We need your help this summer! Whether you use childcare or not, your voice counts. This shor… https://t.co/CNYDrDSV9H 4h ago
- RT @devonclimate: We are working to create a resilient, net-zero Devon, where people & nature thrive. Head to our website to look at… https://t.co/yUTBoNaUO1 3d ago
- RT @devonclimate: Have you heard!? We’re holding a citizens’ assembly to discuss how Devon should meet the big challenges of climate… https://t.co/8fCosDxwde 3d ago