Fund title: Woodward Charitable Trust
Focus of fund/fund aims:
Grants of under £3,000 to support the core costs of small charities and grants of up to £1,000 for children’s summer playschemes
Refer to the website for deadlines: applications are considered twice a year in February/March and October/November. Applications for playschemes are considered in April/May.
The Woodward Charitable Trust makes grants to support the core costs of small charities.
The Trustees will consider applications for core costs which will achieve a positive impact in at least one of the following areas:
- Arts outreach work by local groups involving disadvantaged people
- Children and young people who are isolated, at risk of exclusion or involved in anti-social behaviour
- Disability projects, including rehabilitation and training for people with learning or physical disabilities and charities supporting mental health issues
- Disadvantaged women and their children, covering refuges and domestic violence shelters and groups
- Disadvantaged families including parenting support
- Prisoners and ex-offenders and specifically projects that help the rehabilitation and resettlement of prisoners and/or ex-offenders and support for prisoners’ families
- Projects that promote integration and community cohesion particularly amongst minority groups, refugees and traveller communities
The majority of grants are for under £3,000 (usually around 100 grants per year). Applications are accepted from registered charities, charitable incorporated organisations and community interest companies.
In addition, 60-70 grants of £250-£1,000 per year are made for small charities running children’s summer playschemes.
Search the site
- RT @Apprenticeships: Following the Prime Minister’s announcement on 22 February, the 'Providing apprenticeships during the coronavirus… https://t.co/lg8E1CUIFa 2d ago
- RT @ERDF_Enhance: . @ERDF_GSP is offering a free programme to boost South West businesses and social enterprises – offering 1:1s with… https://t.co/qYb6bEpKz8 2d ago
- RT @Apprenticeships: Employing an apprentice is easier than you think and there’s financial support and help available from the governme… https://t.co/gXPbMQDyKQ 2d ago
- RT @BIPCDevon: How often is your first step doing a quick Google search? Nigel Wilkinson shares tips on getting your website found… https://t.co/BdyVa5YWYk 2d ago