Schools Finance Group (SFG)
SFG provides an opportunity for school representatives to acquire an understanding of the detail of educational funding. The group can take time to look at budget performance and options for change so that the Forum can be confident in the basis upon which recommendations are made.
Objectives of SFG
- Keep under review the ‘schools block’ funding of the Section 52 statement.
- Monitor the Dedicated Schools Grant during the year and consider the impact of any variances on future years.
- Monitor how well the formula is delivering what schools need in an equitable way.
- Consider options for formula change and take a lead on any local consultations relating to change.
- Consider the impact of any government proposals and help to collate responses to government consultations.
- Make recommendations to the Forum on funding issues and other financial matters impacting on schools.
- Minutes and agendas
8 January 2020 Agenda Minutes 19 November 2019 Agenda Minutes 11 September 2019 Agenda Minutes 17 July 2019 Agenda Minutes 5 June 2019 Agenda Minutes 6 March 2019 Agenda Minutes 9 January 2019 Agenda Minutes 7 November 2018 Agenda Minutes 23 May 2018 Agenda Minutes 7 March 2018 Agenda Minutes 3 January 2018 Agenda Minutes 8 November 2017 Agenda Minutes 12 July 2017 Agenda Minutes 24 May 2017 Agenda Minutes 1 March 2017 Agenda Minutes 4 January 2017 Agenda Minutes 5 October 2016 Agenda Minutes 6 July 2016 Agenda Minutes 11 May 2016 Agenda Minutes 2 March 2016 Agenda Minutes 11 January 2016 Agenda Minutes