School Organisation, Capital and Admissions Group (SOCA)
SOCA provides an opportunity for school and other representatives with a professional interest in school admissions and place planning and provision to gain an understanding of, and influence policy and thinking in this area of the Local Authority’s work. The group’s intention is to consider these issues from a parental point of view to ensure school places are made available and processes to obtain them, accessible, equitable and transparent.
Objectives of SOCA
- Promoting choice and diversity in school places
- Promoting high standards
- Championing the rights of parents and families and ensuring every child matters
- Respecting parental preferences
- Achieving sustainable patterns of provision
- Supporting schools and academies (academies who purchase Traded Admissions Services from the Devon School Admissions Team) to effectively discharge their duties around admissions
- advising the Cabinet on all admissions matters
- Promote local agreements
- Review the Local Authority annual admissions report.
- Minutes and agendas
26 February 2019 Agenda Minutes 8 January 2019 Agenda Minutes 25 September 2018 Agenda Minutes 5 June 2018 Agenda Minutes 27 February 2018 Agenda Minutes 9 January 2018 Agenda Minutes 26 September 2017 Agenda Minutes 6 June 2017 Agenda Minutes 28 February 2017 Agenda Minutes 10 January 2017 Agenda Minutes 27 September 2016 Agenda Minutes 7 June 2016 Agenda Minutes 23 February 2016 Agenda Minutes 5 January 2016 Agenda Minutes Task and finish group