Devon County Council are moving forward with a permit scheme for carrying out work activity on the highway. Here you will find information about the this process.
- Preliminary consultation
All informal consultation roadshows have now been held. The purpose of these sessions was to raise awareness of the scheme and obtain feedback to help mould the scheme criteria. A good and varied attendance from many different stakeholders was received – thank you. For all those who were unable to attend, please see the presentation attached on the below link.
We were able to capture a lot of relevant information that we need to disseminated as part of this process. However, if you have thought of any relevant points or questions since your roadshow attendance, please feel free to follow up by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Formal traffic regulation order (TRO) consultation
The formal TRO consultation takes place during September and October 2019.
- Implementation of permit scheme
Following the consultation, the scheme is planned to go live in January 2020.
Informal consultation stage took place between May and July 2019. Please see the presentation under the Preliminary Consultation or Documents options. If you have any feedback, please email us at email@example.com
- Permit Informal Consultation Workshops: Informal Stage Workshop Presentation
- Permit Informal Consultation Workshops: Permit Workshop Collated Questions/Comments Raised
- Permit Informal Consultation Workshops: Works Promoters Responses to break out sessions
- Permit Plan: (Please note, this is a draft plan only and subject to change through further consultation processes) Draft Permit Plan Draft Permit Plan
- Legislation: Traffic Management Permit Scheme (England) Regulations.
- Department for Transport (DFT): DfT – Statutory Guidance for Highway Authority Permit Schemes Oct 2015
- Highways Authorities & Utilities Committee UK (HAUC): HAUC (England) Guidance–Operation of Permit Schemes Feb 2017