Privacy notice for highway community projects

Who is collecting and using your personal data?

Devon County Council will act as a ‘data controller’ for any personal data that you provide to us. As such, we will ensure that the data you give us is processed in line with our organisation’s data protection policies and in line with your rights under the Data Protection Act and the EU General Data Protection Regulations.

Should you wish to find out more about Devon County Council’s data protection policies please contact our Data Protection Officer.

Why are we collecting your personal data?

We are collecting your personal data for purposes relating to one or more of the following purposes:

  • Road and Snow Warden schemes.
  • Other community highway projects.
  • Community highways projects training.
  • Provision of equipment, tools and other materials for community highways projects.
  • Highways community projects funding applications.

Please note that failure to provide your personal data may make it difficult for us to respond to your service request, complaint or feedback effectively.

Who will we share your personal data with?

To deliver services to you it may be necessary to share your personal data with other County Council services and the following partner organisations:

  • District, town and parish councils.
  • Training providers such as South West Highways Group, Cormac.
  • Suppliers such as Instarmac.

How long will we hold your personal data?

We will retain your personal data for only as long as is necessary, and in line with our organisation’s record retention schedules.

Exercising your rights

Under the Data Protection Act and the EU General Data Protection Regulations you have the following rights:

  • The right of access to your own personal data.
  • The right to request rectification or deletion of your personal data.
  • The right to object to the processing of your personal data.
  • The right to request a copy of the information you provide us in machine-readable format.
  • The right to withdraw your consent to any processing that is solely reliant upon your consent.

Should you wish to exercise any of your rights, you should contact the Data Protection Officer.

Your right to complain

In the event that you wish to complain about the way that your personal data has been handled by Devon County Council, you should write to the Data Protection Officer and clearly outline your case. Your complaint will then be investigated in accordance with the Council’s customer feedback procedure.

If you remain dissatisfied with the way your personal data has been handled, you may refer the matter to the Information Commissioner’s Office whose contact details are below:

Information Commissioner’s Office
Wycliffe House
Water Lane