Who is collecting and using your personal data?
Devon County Council will act as a ‘data controller’ for any personal data that you provide to us. As such, we will ensure that the data you give us is processed in line with our organisation’s data protection policies and in line with your rights under the Data Protection Act 2018 and the EU General Data Protection Regulations.
Should you wish to find out more about Devon County Council’s data protection policies please contact our Data Protection Officer.
Please note that failure to provide your personal data may make it difficult to consider your consultation submissions or respond to your enquiries effectively.
Why are we collecting your personal data?
We are collecting your personal data for the following purposes:
- Consultations on bridge design and construction.
- Enquiries about bridge design and construction.
- Freedom of Information requests about bridge design, construction and inspection.
- Engineering quality control.
We rely upon the following legislation to process your personal data:
- General Data Protection Regulations
Who will we share your personal data with?
We do not share the personal data you supply to us for the above purposes with any third parties.
How long will we hold your personal data?
We will retain your personal data for only as long as is necessary, and in line with our organisation’s record retention schedules.
No automated decisions are made using the personal data you supply to us for the above purposes.
Exercising your rights
Under the Data Protection Act 2018 and the EU General Data Protection Regulations you have the following rights:
- The right of access to your own personal data.
- The right to request rectification or deletion of your personal data.
- The right to object to the processing of your personal data.
- The right to request a copy of the information you provide us in machine readable format.
- The right to withdraw your consent to any processing that is solely reliant upon your consent.
Should you wish to exercise any of your rights, you should contact the Data Protection Officer.
Your right to complain
In the event that you wish to complain about the way that your personal data has been handled by Devon County Council, you should write to the Data Protection Officer and clearly outline your case. Your complaint will then be investigated in accordance with the Council’s customer feedback procedure. If you remain dissatisfied with the way your personal data has been handled, you may refer the matter to the Information Commissioner’s Office whose contact details are below:
Information Commissioner’s Office