Fund title: Science in schools
Focus of fund/fund aims:
Details of two separate grants schemes to support the teaching of science in schools and colleges
Royal Society: Partnership Grants
Partnership Grants of up to £3,000 are available to schools to enable students, aged 5 – 18, to carry out science, technology, engineering or mathematics (STEM) projects. UK schools or colleges can apply for funding to buy equipment to run a STEM investigation project in partnership with a STEM professional (research or industry).
- deliver a better understanding of the latest developments in STEM
- improve perceptions of those working in STEM professions
- give students pride and ownership in STEM from participation in the investigative process
The next deadline is 31 July 2017.
More information: Royal Society: Partnership Grants
STFC: School Grants Scheme
The Science and Technology Facilities Council, the Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET) and the Institute of Physics run a small grants scheme designed specifically for schools and colleges.
The scheme provides schools with grants of up to £600 for projects or events linked to the teaching or promotion of physics or engineering. It is open to all UK educational institutions (schools and colleges) catering for pupils/students in the age range 5-19.
The next deadline is 1 November 2017
More information: School Grants Scheme
Search the site
- #devonjobs https://t.co/1uGu0PY1jw 4d ago
- We're recruiting to roles dedicated to supporting redundancy & job activity in Devon: -Economic Development Officer… https://t.co/Z6oI2GW9R3 1 week ago
- RT @DevonCC: What happens when a support programme ends? Read the second of a two-part series by Pioneers Post exploring what ca… https://t.co/xe5Ejfgb5s 1 week ago
- RT @GrowthHubHOTSW: Barclays is running a webinar on the changes within agriculture and how AgriTech can increase productivity, protect… https://t.co/MbJiE4FqKY 1 week ago