Fund title: Science in schools
Focus of fund/fund aims:
Details of two separate grants schemes to support the teaching of science in schools and colleges
Royal Society: Partnership Grants
Partnership Grants of up to £3,000 are available to schools to enable students, aged 5 – 18, to carry out science, technology, engineering or mathematics (STEM) projects. UK schools or colleges can apply for funding to buy equipment to run a STEM investigation project in partnership with a STEM professional (research or industry).
- deliver a better understanding of the latest developments in STEM
- improve perceptions of those working in STEM professions
- give students pride and ownership in STEM from participation in the investigative process
The next deadline is 31 July 2017.
More information: Royal Society: Partnership Grants
STFC: School Grants Scheme
The Science and Technology Facilities Council, the Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET) and the Institute of Physics run a small grants scheme designed specifically for schools and colleges.
The scheme provides schools with grants of up to £600 for projects or events linked to the teaching or promotion of physics or engineering. It is open to all UK educational institutions (schools and colleges) catering for pupils/students in the age range 5-19.
The next deadline is 1 November 2017
More information: School Grants Scheme
Search the site
- RT @BIPsouthwest: Want to start your own business? If you're based in West Devon or South Hams we can offer FREE one-to-one business… https://t.co/0EUt2e3dYF 2d ago
- RT @ERDF_GSP: Businesses in Northern Devon can sign up to @Cosmic_UK lockdown series for SMEs in the tourism and creative sectors… https://t.co/zmnKTrqQet 2d ago
- RT @bizsupportgovuk: Do you need advice on managing your business? Access free business support from @acasorguk… https://t.co/vAeq8TpZB9 2d ago
- Community Manager #JobOpportunity in #Barnstaple #NorthDevon https://t.co/AHM7yBEogx… #Business #Enterpreneurship… https://t.co/e4V7qkqJHg 2d ago