Fund title: Science in schools
Focus of fund/fund aims:
Details of two separate grants schemes to support the teaching of science in schools and colleges
Royal Society: Partnership Grants
Partnership Grants of up to £3,000 are available to schools to enable students, aged 5 – 18, to carry out science, technology, engineering or mathematics (STEM) projects. UK schools or colleges can apply for funding to buy equipment to run a STEM investigation project in partnership with a STEM professional (research or industry).
- deliver a better understanding of the latest developments in STEM
- improve perceptions of those working in STEM professions
- give students pride and ownership in STEM from participation in the investigative process
The next deadline is 31 July 2017.
More information: Royal Society: Partnership Grants
STFC: School Grants Scheme
The Science and Technology Facilities Council, the Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET) and the Institute of Physics run a small grants scheme designed specifically for schools and colleges.
The scheme provides schools with grants of up to £600 for projects or events linked to the teaching or promotion of physics or engineering. It is open to all UK educational institutions (schools and colleges) catering for pupils/students in the age range 5-19.
The next deadline is 1 November 2017
More information: School Grants Scheme
Search the site
- RT @EastDevonBiz: We are excited to work with partners to showcase what a fantastic business destination #Devon is! Check out this… https://t.co/UjfHcCd2CK 2h ago
- An initiative to drive investment in the UK's most innovative firms. https://t.co/9xxv7dzluH 1 week ago
- RT @DevonRecruit: Want to work in Devon? Are you looking for a new job or thinking about a change in career? The Devonjobs site rece… https://t.co/ZJInI1PHHZ 2 weeks ago
- RT @ExeterCouncil: 5 actions you can do during #BeesNeedsWeek are: Grow more flowers, shrubs and trees Let gardens grow wild Cu… https://t.co/Mlc0LpcUPC 2 weeks ago