Designated Teachers’ Conference 2023: Focus will be on attendance
Friday 6 October 2023
8.30 am to 4.00 pm at Sandy Park, Exeter
Keynote speaker will be Mary-Anne Hodd
Full details and links to book will be emailed soon to all designated teachers (or contact firstname.lastname@example.org)
DT Conference 2021: Dream big for our children
Keynote speaker: Kriss Akabusi MBE on dreaming big in VUCA world: How you may help children navigate their existential realities
There were presentations from the Educational Psychology and Behaviour Support Teams on attachment and relational support work. View the full programme with workshop choices and timings.
We also had a choice of workshops in the afternoon on subjects such as:
- Positive Recovery from the Pandemic
- SEND for Children in Care
- Building Positive Relationships with Parents and Carers
- Test and Exam Anxiety
- What Makes a Good PEP
DT Conference 2019
Our keynote speaker is Louise Bombér, she will be presenting on Respecting Biology – The Human Bridge to Recovery: Settling to Learn.
It is now time to update our policies and practices in schools in line with the latest research into the impact of ACEs, Nurture, Attachment and Trauma. There are many children and young people currently misunderstood due to their behaviour. We need to be translators of behaviour as behaviour is communication. We need to understand the big asks for these pupils so that we can provide the most appropriate support, to enable them to both recover and to settle to learn in the classroom. As an experienced practitioner Louise will explain the power of facilitating rich, relational interventions; share ways of being and some tools for the journey so that we are all better equipped to be truly inclusive
Other confirmed speakers are Matthew Brazier (HMI – Specialist Adviser for Looked After Children) and Michelle Oxley (Regulatory Inspection Manager for South West).
In the afternoon you will have a choice of two workshops to attend, from the selection below:
- Respecting Biology (Alison Lumley, TouchBase)
- ePEPs (eGov, DCC Education Systems Team and School Effectiveness Advisor)
- CAMHS – Working with Schools (Dr Susan Howson, Consultant Child & Adolescent Psychiatrist)
- Supporting Children Who are on a Special Guardianship Order (Lata Ramoutar and Carrie Gould, Educational Psychologists, Babcock LDP)
- Attachment Regulation Policy (Catherine Dunnett & Matt Jones, Educational Psychology Team, Babcock LDP)
- Supporting Staff: How to Embed Supervision in Schol Systems (Dr Andrew Eaton & Rachel Edmundson Educational Psychologists, Babcock LDP)
- Adopt SW – title tbc (Kath Drescher, Service Manager, Adopt SW)
Please book your place at the conference now. During September Babcock LDP will email all those that have booked a place with full details of the workshops and how to book the two of your choice.