Schools Finance Group (SFG)
SFG provides an opportunity for school representatives to acquire an understanding of the detail of educational funding.
The group can take time to look at budget performance and options for change so that the Forum can be confident in the basis upon which recommendations are made.
Objectives of SFG
- Consider the technical detail and briefs Schools Forum members about the discussion around statutory accountability.
- Review the education aspects of the Section 251 statement
- Monitor the Dedicated Schools Grant during the year and consider impact of any variances on future years.
- Consider the impact to the High Needs Block and provide a consultative and governance role to inform authority decision making to the DSG Management Plan. Enabling to better communicate to schools and other key stakeholders.
- Consider the impact of any government proposals and help to collate responses to government consultations.
- Consider the detail, flag concerns and gain opinion of schools to make recommendations and challenge to the Schools Forum on financial matters impacting on schools.
- Make decisions as delegated by Schools Forum.
- Provide representation on steering groups as agreed by Schools Forum.
Minutes and agendas