Devon Education (Schools) Forum
Please note: Schools and Academies Members elections for the period 1.9.18 to 31.8.22 (four years) undertaken with revised DEF Membership wef 1.9.18.
This Independent Committee makes representations to the County Council
The role of Schools Forum
Schools Forum is made up of representatives from schools and academies, but with some representation from other non-school organisations, such as nursery and 16-19 education providers. The forum acts as a consultative body on some issues and a decision making body on others.
The forum acts in a consultative role for:
- changes to the local funding formula (the local authority is responsible for the final decision, although in some cases it may delegate the decision-making power to the Schools Forum)
- proposed changes to the operation of the minimum funding guarantee
- changes to or new contracts affecting schools (eg school meals)
- arrangements for pupils with special educational needs, in pupil referral units and in early years provision.
The forum is responsible for decisions on:
- how much funding may be centrally retained within the Dedicated Schools Grant (eg for the Admissions Service, prudential borrowing costs, additional funding available for growing schools)
- any proposed carry forward of deficits on central spend from one year to the next
- proposals to de-delegate funding from maintained primary and secondary schools (eg for staff supply cover, insurance, behaviour support)
- changes to the scheme of financial management.
For more information about the Forum please phone 01392 382305 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The County Council has agreed that the Forum will be consulted on all educational issues that affect young people aged 0 – 19.
Current standing groups
All meetings to be held at County Hall, Exeter at 10.00am (unless otherwise specified)
- Wednesday 20 November 2019
- Wednesday 22 January 2020
- Wednesday 18 March 2020
- Wednesday 17 June 2020
- Wednesday 18 November 2020
- Wednesday 20 January 2021
- Wednesday 17 March 2021