Early Years Entitlement
- What is Early Years Entitlement Funding (EYEF)?
- Provider registration, conditions and guidance
- Working in partnership with Devon County Council
- Headcount documents
- Resource documents
- Frequently asked questions
The government provides funding for all three and four year old children, starting from the funding period after their third birthday until they start school (usually at statutory school age – the term following their fifth birthday), to attend an Ofsted registered early years and childcare setting. Such settings include pre-schools, nurseries, certain childminders, school nursery classes and nursery schools.
These children qualify for 15 hours of free Early Years Entitlement per week for up to 38 weeks per year, during school term time. The full 15 hours must be used over at least 2 days, a minimum of 2 ½ hours and maximum 10 hours per day.
We are pleased to confirm that the funding rate for the early years entitlement for 3 & 4 year olds has increased to £3.70 per hour. Approval has been given to implement the £3.70 hourly rate from September 2014.
A provider wishing to register to receive Early Years Entitlement must:
- Be Ofsted registered, or inspected under the Independent Schools Inspectorate.
- Be open for a minimum of 33 weeks per year, during school term time.
- Allow their details to be listed in the Enhanced Childcare Directory.
- Sign the EYEF Provider agreement
To request a provider pack, please email the helpdesk. Once registered, providers will need to re-register every year as terms and conditions are reviewed annually. Full details of Devon’s conditions and guidance on how the funding operates can be found in:
If you have any queries whilst waiting for the updated document to be available please contact the helpdesk on 01392 385530.
We ask that all settings that receive funding through Devon County Council's Early Years and Childcare Service follow this publicity guidance. Thank you for working with us.
- Funding calculator
- Table showing maximum hours claimable in a term (11KB - pdf help)
- Supplementary Headcount form (53KB - pdf help)
- Provider Portal Training Notes (4.60MB - pdf help)
- Provider Portal - Spring 2015 letter of explanation (183KB - pdf help)
- Amendments form
There is a significant and increasing problem with conflicts caused by parents over claiming their entitlement between two providers. To try to prevent this in the future we have produced a 'Conflict Buster' form. It is hoped that its use will resolve conflicts before returns are made. Below are some Busters that you can print out and some instructions for their use.
- Conflict buster - guide for completion (138KB - pdf help)
- EYE conflict buster (146KB - pdf help)
- Unresolved conflicts (63KB - pdf help)
- Provider Agreement for Early Years Entitlement Funding (EYEF)
- Academic Calendar for 2015 / 2016
- Academic Calendar for 2014 / 2015 (121KB - pdf help)
The following are a selection of answers to frequently asked questions. Relating to EYEF generally and in particular to the Extended and Flexible Entitlement, we will continue to update these as new matters are raised.
- Frequently asked questions - stretched offer (95KB - pdf help)
- Frequently asked questions - extended 15 hours entitlement (83KB - pdf help)