Early Years Entitlement
- What is the Early Years Entitlement Funding (EYEF)
- Provider registration, conditions and guidance
- Working in partnership with Devon County Council
- Latest news
- Headcount documents
- Resource documents
- Frequently asked questions
The government provides funding for all three and four year old children, starting from the funding period after their third birthday until they start school (usually at statutory school age – the term following their fifth birthday), to attend an Ofsted registered early years and childcare setting. Such settings include pre-schools, nurseries, certain childminders, school nursery classes and nursery schools.
These children qualify for 15 hours of free Early Years Entitlement per week for up to 38 weeks per year, during school term time. The full 15 hours must be used over at least 2 days, a minimum of 2 ½ hours and maximum 10 hours per day.
A provider wishing to register to receive Early Years Entitlement must:
- Be Ofsted registered, or inspected under the Independent Schools Inspectorate.
- Be open for a minimum of 33 weeks per year, during school term time.
- Allow their details to be listed in the Enhanced Childcare Directory.
- Sign the EYEF Provider agreement
To request a provider pack, please email the helpdesk. Once registered, providers will need to re-register every year as terms and conditions are reviewed annually. Full details of Devon’s conditions and guidance on how the funding operates can be found in:
* The Local Conditions of Funding are under review and will be changing in due course. If, in the meantime, you have questions relating to the document please contact the helpdesk on 01392 385530. A brief outline of the essential conditions can be found below:
We ask that all settings that receive funding through Devon County Council's Early Years and Childcare Service follow this publicity guidance. Thank you for working with us.
- Funding calculator
- Table showing maximum hours claimable in a term (11KB - pdf help)
- Supplementary Headcount form (53KB - pdf help)
There is a significant and increasing problem with conflicts caused by parents over claiming their entitlement between two providers. To try to prevent this in the future we have produced a 'Conflict Buster' form. It is hoped that its use will resolve conflicts before returns are made. Below are some Busters that you can print out and some instructions for their use.
- Conflict buster - guide for completion (138KB - pdf help)
- EYE conflict buster (138KB - pdf help)
- Unresolved conflicts (63KB - pdf help)
- Provider Agreement for Early Years Entitlement Funding (EYEF) (71KB - pdf help)
- Academic Calendar for 2013 / 2014 (112KB - pdf help)
- Parent contract (27KB - pdf help)
The following are a selection of answers to frequently asked questions. Relating to EYEF generally and in particular to the Extended and Flexible Entitlement, we will continue to update these as new matters are raised.
- Frequently asked questions (128KB - pdf help)
- Frequently asked questions - stretched offer (95KB - pdf help)