Devon County Council (DCC) is collecting and or processing your personal data as a Data Controller under Data Protection Legislation and our ICO registration number is Z6475582. This privacy notice concerns the processing of personal data that takes place by the Devon Young Carers Multi-Agency Steering Group operating in Devon. This group is overseen by Devon Early Help Improvement Board and the Devon Children and Families Partnership.
This notice explains what information we collect, why we collect it and how we keep it secure. It also explains your rights and our legal obligation. Should you wish to find out more about Devon County Council’s data protection policies please contact our Data Protection Officer.
We will notify you of any changes to this privacy notice
This privacy notice was last updated 22/01/2021. If we use your personal data for any new purposes, updates will be made to the policy information and changes communicated, where necessary in accordance with current data protection legislation. Any queries relating to this privacy notice please contact the Data Protection Officer.
What information are we processing?
We may collect, store, or otherwise process information about you which may include: –
- The name of the organisation/ service who is being represented by the respondent in completing the self-assessment checklist
- A summary of services provided by the organisation identified and who services are provided to (this information will be provided by the respondent completing the self-assessment checklist on behalf of the organisation/ service identified)
- The name and job role of the respondent completing the self-assessment checklist on behalf of the organisation/ service identified
- Contact information for the respondent completing the self-assessment checklist on behalf of the organisation/ service identified
- Information relating to the organisation/ service awareness of young carers, identification of young carers and ways of working relating to young carers in families the organisation/ service may identify
- Information relating to any support the organisation/ service make available to young carers and their families the organisation/ service may identify
- Information relating to the organisation/ service awareness of other support services in local communities for young carers in families the organisation/ service may identify
- Information relating to the organisation/ service awareness of the national landscape, information sharing and hearing the voice of young carers in families the organisation/ service may identify
Purpose of collecting or processing your personal data
DCC may need to collect or otherwise process your personal data personal data so that we can gain an understand the following: –
- What organisations and services already know about young carers
- What organisations and services currently have in place to support young carers
- What organisations and services feel would be helpful in helping them to support young carers in Devon
Young carers have told us how important it is that we work together to support them and their family. This information will be used by the Multi-Agency Young Carers Steering Group in Devon to help to inform a priority action plan to help to support all services to know what a young carer is, how they can be identified and how young carers can be supported. This includes awareness of local support services but also support which services and organisations themselves have or could put in place to help support a young carer who may be known to or identified by services.
The legal basis for us collecting your personal data
Where we are collecting personal data about you for the provision of one of the purposes outlined in this privacy notice, we rely upon the following lawful grounds outlined within the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR):
- Article 6(1)(e) – processing for the purposes of delivering a public task carried out in the public interest
Personal data that is collected for any of the purposes outlined in this notice is never used for direct marketing purposes and is not sold on to any other third parties.
Recipients or categories of recipients that we may share your personal data with
When processing your personal data, it may be necessary for us to share your submission with the following recipients:
- Representatives operating on behalf of services/ service areas who form membership of and undertake action as part of the Devon Multi- Agency Young Carers Steering Group. Membership for the group includes a representative from the following third party organisations: – Babcock LDP; Devon Schools Leadership Service (DSLS); CSW Group; SPACE; Children and Families Health Devon; Adult Substance Misuse Services-Together; Devon Partnership Trust; YSMART; Bright Futures; Hikmat; Domestic Violence Services; Westbank (Devon Carers and Devon Young Carers)
- DCC Early Help
- DCC Adult social care
- DCC Children’s Commissioning
- DCC Public Health
- DCC Disabled Children’s Service
If we feel that it is necessary to share your personal data with professionals to ensure you or someone you work with is safeguarded from harm, we rely upon the provisions of the Safeguarding Vulnerable Groups Act 2006 and Children Act 1989 & 2004. Where it is necessary to share medical or social care information for these purposes, we rely upon article 9(2)(h) of the General Data Protection Regulation (information necessary for medical diagnosis, the provision of health or social care or treatment or the management of health or social care systems).
We may also need to share some personal data about you, so that we can support third party organisations to discharge their regulatory requirements. This includes organisations such as
- The data protection regulator (the Information Commissioner’s Office)
- The Care Quality Commission
We may also share information to enable us to comply with court orders and other legal obligations. If this is necessary, we will only share the minimum amount of personal data needed for this purpose.
How long will we hold your personal data?
Devon County Council will retain your personal data for six years from the date of your submission.
Your data protection rights
Under Data Protection Legislation, you have the right to obtain a copy of their personal records held by us, this is called a Subject Access Request (SAR).
If you have any comments, queries or complaints about this privacy notice or the processing of your personal data please contact our Data Protection Officer.
Alternatively, if you are not happy with the way that DCC is handling your personal data, you are entitled to appeal to the Information Commissioners Office (ICO). The Information Commissioners Office enforces and oversees the Data Protection Regulations.
Contact details are below:
Information Commissioner’s Office
No personal data that is processed for any of the purposes outlined within this notice shall be subject to automated decisions.