Who is collecting and using your personal data?
Devon County Council will act as a ‘data controller’ for any personal data that you provide to us. As such, we will ensure that the data given to us is processed in line with our organisation’s data protection policies and in line with your rights under the EU General Data Protection Regulations and associated data protection laws currently applicable in the UK.
Should you wish to find out more about Devon County Council’s Data Protection Policies please contact our
Data Protection Officer.
Please note that failure to provide your personal data may limit your involvement in the Smokefree Devon Alliance and associated work.
Why are we collecting your personal data?
We are collecting your personal data for the following purposes:
- To inform you of relevant Smokefree Devon Alliance meetings.
- To update you on relevant tobacco control information.
- To involve you in work streams of the Smokefree Devon Alliance, to reduce the harm caused by tobacco in Devon.
We rely upon Article 6(1)(e) of the General Data Protection Regulation as the legal basis for processing your personal data.
Who will we share your personal data with?
To deliver services to you it may be necessary for us to share your personal data with the following organisations/partners:
- Members of the Smokefree Devon Alliance Steering Group.
- Professionals looking to reduce the harm caused by tobacco.
We will not share your personal data with any third party organisations without your consent unless we are compelled to do so by law.
How long will we hold your personal data?
Devon County Council will retain your personal data for as long as you are involved in the Smokefree Devon Alliance, and for five years after this date.
If you have attended the Smokefree Devon Alliance steering group meeting, you are consenting for your details to be held on our membership database. Your name will also appear on the Smokefree Devon Alliance website as a member of the steering group.
Exercising your rights
Under the Data Protection Act 2018 and the EU General Data Protection Regulations you have the following rights:
- The right of access to your own personal data.
- The right to request rectification or deletion of your personal data.
- The right to object to the processing of your personal data.
- The right to request a copy of the information you provide us in machine readable format.
- The right to withdraw your consent to any processing that is solely reliant upon your consent.
Should you wish to exercise any of your rights, you should contact the Data Protection Officer.
Your right to complain
If you wish to complain about the way that your personal data has been handled by Devon County Council, you should write to the Data Protection Officer and clearly outline your case. Your complaint will then be investigated in accordance with the Council’s customer feedback procedure. If you remain dissatisfied with the way your personal data has been handled, you may refer the matter to the Information Commissioner’s Office whose contact details are below:
Information Commissioner’s Office