Who is collecting and using your information?
Devon County Council will act as a ‘data controller’ for any personal data or information that we record and use about you. As such, we will ensure that the information given to us is processed (that is: used, stored, shared and destroyed) in line with our organisation’s data protection policies and in line with your rights under the Data Protection Act 2018 and the EU General Data Protection Regulation.
Should you wish to find out more about Devon County Council’s data protection policies please contact our Data Protection Officer.
Why are we collecting your personal information?
We will use information you supply to us via the Provider Engagement Network website to respond to any queries you raise via our website. The lawful basis we rely upon for processing your personal data is Regulation 6(1)(e) of the General Data Protection Regulation.
Who will we share your personal information with?
To answer your queries, it will be necessary for us to share your query and contact information with the Council’s Business Relations Team who are responsible for responding to your enquiry. We will not share your personal data with any third-party organisations without your consent unless we are required to do so by law.
How long will we hold your personal information?
We will retain your personal data until we have responded to your query. Once we have responded to your query we will delete the information you supply to us via our Provider Engagement Network.
Exercising your rights
Under the Data Protection Act 2018 and the EU General Data Protection Regulation you have the following rights:
- The right of access to your own personal information – see information that organisations hold about you.
- The right to request rectification or deletion of your personal information – you are entitled to have personal information we are holding rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to object to the processing of your personal information – you may request that restrictions are placed on how we process or use your information.
- The right to request a copy of the information you provide us in machine readable format to use for your own purposes.
- The right to withdraw your consent to any processing that is solely reliant upon your consent at any time.
Should you wish to exercise any of your rights, you should contact the Data Protection Officer.
Your right to complain
In the event that you wish to complain about the way that your personal information has been handled by Devon County Council, you should write to the Data Protection Officer and clearly outline your case. Your complaint will then be investigated in accordance with the Council’s customer feedback procedure. If you remain dissatisfied with the way your personal information has been handled, you may refer the matter to the Information Commissioner’s Office whose contact details are below.
Information Commissioner’s Office